Message From The Sheriff
NICK WELDEN  ( read )
24 Hours:
Crime Tip:
2801 Jordan Road SW
Fort Payne, AL 35968
Administrative Office:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm


Two Shot and Two Stabbed



For Immediate Release                                                                              November 12, 2016

                                                    Two Shot and Two Stabbed


Sheriff Jimmy Harris states as follows:


            On November 11th the DeKalb County Sheriff’s office was notified by Marshall Medical South of a possible shooting in the Kilpatrick area. They had two subjects come to the emergency room by personal vehicle with gunshot wounds. One of the victims is a Hispanic male early twenties the other is a juvenile. Both subjects was flown from Marshall Medical South. One was flown to Huntsville hospital and the other to Birmingham hospital. The shooting took place on Road 9055 in the Kilpatrick community. Witnesses stated the victims was driving a white van when a small dark color SUV pulled up beside the van and started shooting. This is still an active investigation by the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office and no names will be released at this time. If anyone has any information about this shooting please call the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office at (256) 845-3801.

            Also on November 11th night the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Office and Henagar Police Department responded to a residence on Road 1945 in Henagar to a report that a male individual had been stabbed. Investigators responded and discovered Cody Earl Seegar, 29 of Summerville, Ga with a stab wound. Mr. Seegar was pronounced dead at the scene by the Coroner’s Office. According to witnesses, Mr. Seegar and another male individual, Anthony Tracy Shaw, 48 also of Summerville, Ga, entered the home at Road 1945 in Henagar to confront the homeowner following a family dispute that occurred earlier in the day. Mr. Seegar and Mr. Shaw forcefully entered the home and began to physically assault the homeowner. The homeowner stabbed Mr. Shaw one time and Mr. Seegar one time. Mr. Seegar died from the results of his injuries. Mr. Shaw was transported to Erlanger Medical Center as a result of his wound. The investigation is still ongoing at this time.